The USSRC site is dedicated to guide, effectively communicate to, inform and update referees of all levels within the state. It is designed to provide a common point of reference to the vast collection of resources available to soccer referees. The resources are focused on supporting the common goals of professionalism, training, growth and service to the game.
2019 Certification Details for NEW Grade 9 and Grade 8 Referees
All referees must take and pass the online test before scheduling a clinic and paying registration fees
1. Complete the US Soccer Grade 8 Online training modules at:
(Click Here For The Modules).
Overall these modules will take a couple of hours to complete. I suggest that you watch a few modules each night.
2. Go over the recent changes to the
Laws of the Game 2018-19. .
There may be test questions covering these items.
3A. Take the test! 50 questions. Yes, you will need to take and pass the test BEFORE you get to the clinic. A passing score is 38 correct answers or greater. What if I don't pass? Review the questions you missed, find the correct answer in the Laws of the Game by visiting
Retake the test. It's that easy.
3B. All tests are the same. To help with registration, please take the test that corresponds to which location you will be certifying.
4. Register for an ENTRY Level Clinic and pay your fees PRIOR to attending a clinic using this
Once you register for a class, you will see a link to pay your fees.
**Those age 14 or older must register as a Grade 8 referee, including those who will reach the age of 14 by March 1, 2019.
**Children between the ages of 12 and 13 must register as Grade 9 referee, including those who turn 14 AFTER March 1, 2019.
5. Click here to pay fees. You will need to register to pay your fees unless you already have an account set up in the payment system. Bring a copy of the receipt to the clinic in case you need to verify your registration
6. Please bring to the clinic your yellow and red cards, if you have them, and either lunch or lunch money. There will be a 40 minute lunch break. Please also bring an internet enabled device to take the mini quizzes on Google Forms and to access the online resources that will be used to help deepen your soccer knowledge.
7. Attend the entire 10 hours of an ENTRY LEVEL CLINIC and pass the written test to complete certification and receive a 2019 referee badge.
If you encounter any issues, please contact Holly Gundred firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordering Replacement or Additional Referee Badges Online
Registered Officials can purchase additional or replacement badges online at ussoccer.data-source.biz The cost of each badge is $3.50 plus tax and shipping and handling. A maximum of two badges may be ordered per USSF ID Number within a registration year.
Printing Your Own Registration Card & History
All registered Officials can go to the U.S. Soccer Federation Referee Program National Registration database to download or print their own registration card for the current year. Officials can also see their entire registration history. Instructions can be found here.